The 2011 Prohibited List
DATE OF ENTRY INTO FORCE : 1 JANUARY 2010.
All Prohibited Substances shall be considered as "Specified Substances" except Substances in classes S1, S2.1 to S2.5, S4.4 and S6.a, and Prohibited Methods M1, M2 and M3.
S1. ANABOLIC AGENTS
Anabolic agents are prohibited.
1. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS)
a. Exogenous* AAS, including:
1-androstendiol (5α-androst-1-ene-3β,17β-diol); 1-androstendione (5α-androst-1-ene-3,17-dione); bolandiol (19-norandrostenediol); bolasterone; boldenone; boldione (androsta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione); calusterone; clostebol; danazol (17α-ethynyl-17β-hydroxyandrost-4-eno[2,3-d]isoxazole); dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (4-chloro-17β-hydroxy-17α-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one); desoxymethyltestosterone (17α-methyl-5α-androst-2-en-17β-ol); drostanolone; ethylestrenol (19-nor-17α-pregn-4-en-17-ol); fluoxymesterone; formebolone; furazabol (17β-hydroxy-17α-methyl-5α-androstano[2,3-c]-furazan); gestrinone; 4-hydroxytestosterone (4,17β-dihydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one); mestanolone; mesterolone; metenolone; methandienone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one); methandriol; methasterone (2α, 17α-dimethyl-5α-androstane-3-one-17β-ol); methyldienolone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestra-4,9-dien-3-one); methyl-1-testosterone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methyl-5α-androst-1-en-3-one); methylnortestosterone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestr-4-en-3-one); methyltestosterone; metribolone (methyltrienolone, 17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one); mibolerone; nandrolone; 19-norandrostenedione (estr-4-ene-3,17-dione); norboletone; norclostebol; norethandrolone; oxabolone; oxandrolone; oxymesterone; oxymetholone; prostanozol (17β-hydroxy-5α-androstano[3,2-c] pyrazole); quinbolone; stanozolol; stenbolone; 1-testosterone (17β-hydroxy-5α-androst-1-en-3-one); tetrahydrogestrinone (18a-homo-pregna-4,9,11-trien-17β-ol-3-one); trenbolone and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
b. Endogenous** AAS when administered exogenously:
androstenediol (androst-5-ene-3β,17β-diol); androstenedione (androst-4-ene-3,17-dione); dihydrotestosterone (17β-hydroxy-5α-androstan-3-one); prasterone (dehydroepiandrosterone, DHEA); testosterone and the following metabolites and isomers:
4-androstenediol (androst-4-ene-3β,17β-diol); 5-androstenedione (androst-5-ene-3,17-dione); epi-dihydrotestosterone; epitestosterone; 3α-hydroxy-5α-androstan-17-one; 3β-hydroxy-5α-androstan-17-one;
2. Other Anabolic Agents, including but not limited to:
Clenbuterol, selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs), tibolone, zeranol, zilpaterol.
S2. PEPTIDE HORMONES, GROWTH FACTORS AND RELATED SUBSTANCES
The following substances and their releasing factors, are prohibited:
1. Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agents (e.g. erythropoietin (EPO), darbepoietin (dEPO), methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta (CERA), hematide);
2. Chorionic Gonadotrophin (CG) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) in males ;
5. Growth Hormone (GH), Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1), Mechano Growth Factors (MGFs); Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF), Fibroblast Growth Factors (FGFs), Vascular-Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) and Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF), as well as any other growth factor affecting muscle, tendon or ligament protein synthesis/degradation, vascularisation, energy utilisation, regenerative capacity or fibre type switching;
6. Platelet-derived preparations (e.g. Platelet Rich Plasma, "blood spinning") administered by intramuscular route. Other routes of administration require a declaration of Use in accordance with the Insternational Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions.
and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
S3. BETA-2 AGONISTS
All beta-2 agonists (including both optical isomers where relevant) are prohibited except salbutamol (maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours) and salmeterol by inhalation which require a declaration of Use in accordance with the Insternational Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions.
The presence of salbutamol in urine in excess of 1000 ng/mL is presumed not to be an intended therapeutic use of the substance and will be considered an Adverse Analytical Finding unless the Athlete proves, through a controlled pharmacokinetic study, that the abnormal result was the consequence of the use of a therapeutic dose (maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours) of inhaled salbutamol.
S4. HORMONES ANTAGONISTS AND MODULATORS
The following classes are prohibited:
1. Aromatase inhibitors, including, but not limited to: aminoglutethimide, anastrozole, androsta-1,4,6-triene-3,17-dione (androstatrienedione), 4-androstene-3,6,17 trione (6-oxo), exemestane, formestane, letrozole, testolactone.
2. Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) including, but not limited to: raloxifene, tamoxifen, toremifene.
3. Other anti-estrogenic substances including, but not limited to: clomiphene, cyclofenil, fulvestrant.
4. Agents modifying myostatin function(s) including, but not limited to: myostatin inhibitors.
S5. DIURETICS AND OTHER MASKING AGENTS
Masking agents are prohibited. They include:
Diuretics, probenecid, plasma expanders (e.g. glycerol;intravenous administration of albumin, dextran, hydroxyethyl starch and mannitol) and other substances with similar biological effect(s).
Acetazolamide, amiloride, bumetanide, canrenone, chlortalidone, etacrynic acid, furosemide, indapamide, metolazone, spironolactone, thiazides (e.g. bendroflumethiazide, chlorothiazide, hydrochlorothiazide), triamterene, and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s) (except for drosperinone, panabrom and topical dorzolamide and brinzolamide, which are not prohibited).
A Therapeutic Use Exemption for diuretics and masking agents is not valid if an Athlete’s urine contains a diuretic in association with threshold or sub-threshold levels of an exogenous Prohibited Substance(s).
M1. ENHANCEMENT OF OXYGEN TRANSFER
The following are prohibited:
1. Blood doping, including the use of autologous, homologous or heterologous blood or red blood cell products of any origin.
2. Artificially enhancing the uptake, transport or delivery of oxygen, including but not limited to perfluorochemicals, efaproxiral (RSR13) and modified haemoglobin products (e.g. haemoglobin-based blood substitutes, microencapsulated haemoglobin products) excluding supplemental oxygen.
M2. CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL MANIPULATION
1. Tampering, or attempting to tamper, in order to alter the integrity and validity of Samples collected during Doping Controls is prohibited. These include but are not limited to catheterisation, urine substitution and/or alteration (e.g. proteases).
2. Intravenous infusions are prohibited except for those legitimately received in the course of hospital admissions or clinical investigations.
M3. GENE DOPING
The following, with the potential to enhance athletic performance, are prohibited:
1. The transfer of cells or genetic elements (e.g. DNA, RNA);
2. The use pharmacological or biological agents that alter gene expression.
Peroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor δ (PPARδ) agonists (e.g. GW 1516) and PPARδ-AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) axis agonists (e.g. AICAR) are prohibited.
In addition to the categories S1 to S5 and M1 to M3 defined above,
the following categories are prohibited in competition:
All stimulants (including both optical isomers where relevant) are prohibited, except imidazole derivatives for topical use and those stimulants included in the 2010 Monitoring Program*.
a. Non Specified Stimulants:
Adrafinil; amfepramone; amiphenazole; amphetamine; amphetaminil; benfluorex; benzphetamine; benzylpiperazine; bromantan; clobenzorex; cocaine; cropropamide; crotetamide; dimethylamphetamine;
etilamphetamine; famprofazone; fencamine; fenetylline; fenfluramine; fenproporex; furfenorex; mefenorex; mephentermine; mesocarb; methamphetamine(d-); p-methylamphetamine;
methylenedioxyamphetamine; methylenedioxymethamphetamine; methylhexaneamine (dimethylpentylamine); modafinil; norfenfluramine; phendimetrazine; phenmetrazine; phentermine;
4-phenylpiracetam (carphedon); prenylamine; prolintane.
A stimulant not expressly listed in this section is a Specified Substance.
b. Specified Stimulants (examples):
Adrenaline**, cathine***, ephedrine****, etamivan, etilefrine, fenbutrazate, fencamfamin, heptaminol, isometheptene, levmethamfetamine, meclofenoxate, methylephedrine****, methylphenidate, nikethamide, norfenefrine, octopamine, oxilofrine, parahydroxyamphetamine, pemoline, pentetrazol, phenpromethamine, propylhexedrine, pseudoephedrine*****; selegiline, sibutramine, strychnine, tuaminoheptane and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
* The following substances included in the 2010 Monitoring Program (bupropion, caffeine, phenylephrine, phenylpropanolamine, pipradol, synephrine) are not considered as Prohibited Substances.
** Adrenaline associated with local anaesthetic agents or by local administration (e.g. nasal, ophthalmologic) is not prohibited.
*** Cathine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 5 micrograms per milliliter.
**** Each of ephedrine and methylephedrine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 10 micrograms per milliliter.
***** Pseudoephedrine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 150 micrograms per milliliter.
The following narcotics are prohibited:
Buprenorphine, dextromoramide, diamorphine (heroin), fentanyl and its derivatives, hydromorphone, methadone, morphine, oxycodone, oxymorphone, pentazocine, pethidine.
Natural or synthetic Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and THC-like Cannabinoids (e.g. hashish, marijuana, HU-210) are prohibited.
All glucocorticosteroids are prohibited when administered by oral, intravenous, intramuscular or rectal routes.
In accordance with the International Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions, a declaration of Use must be completed by the Athlete for glucocorticosteroids administered by intraarticular, periarticular, peritendinous, epidural, intradermal and inhalation routes, except as noted below.
Topical preparations when used for auricular, buccal, dermatological (including iontophoresis/phonophoresis), gingival, nasal, ophthalmic and perianal disorders are not prohibited and require neither a Therapeutic Use Exemption nor a declaration of Use.
Alcohol (ethanol) is prohibited In-Competition only, in the following sports. Detection will be conducted by analysis of breath and/or blood. The doping violation threshold (haematological values) is 0.10 g/L.
|Aeronautic (FAI)||Modern Pentathlon (UIPM) for disciplines involving shooting|
|Archery (FITA)||Motorcycling (FIM)|
|Automobile (FIA)||Ninepin and Tenpin Bowling (FIQ)|
|Karate (WKF)||Powerboating (UIM)|
Unless otherwise specified, beta-blockers are prohibited In-Competition only, in the following sports.
Archery (FITA) (also prohibited Out-of-Competition)
Billiards and Snooker (WCBS)
Modern Pentathlon (UIPM) for disciplines involving shooting
Nine-pin and Tenpin bowling (FIQ)
Sailing (ISAF) for match race helms only
Shooting (ISSF, IPC) (also prohibited Out-of-Competition
Skiing/Snowboarding (FIS) in ski jumping, freestyle aerials/halfpipe and snowboard halfpipe/big air
Beta-blockers include, but are not limited to, the following:
Acebutolol, alprenolol, atenolol, betaxolol, bisoprolol, bunolol, carteolol, carvedilol, celiprolol, esmolol, labetalol, levobunolol, metipranolol, metoprolol, nadolol, oxprenolol, pindolol, propranolol, sotalol, timolol.